Frequently Asked Questions

Medical Questions

Our reception team have received training from the doctors and other members of the clinical team to support them to offer the best type of appointment available. This includes who they book an appointment with eg Community Pharmacist, Paramedic, Musculo-skeletal practitioner, etc and they have guidance on whether a same day appointment for an acute problem is required or whether it can wait a short while and be booked into a routine appointment. The reception team follow a protocol to make such decisions and are able to seek advice if needed.
Paramedics from chest infections, and injuries, to more serious conditions such as asthma attacks and heart attacks, as well as long-lasting conditions such as arthritis and diabetes. You may be directed or receive a routine or urgent appointment, telephone consultations or home visit from one of our Paramedics who are very capable of diagnosing, prescribing, referring to specialists, ordering tests and interpreting results and admitting to hospital when necessary.
Nurse Practitioners are highly trained and experienced specialist nurses and like Paramedics can assess, examine, treat, and manage patients of all age ranges with a variety of illnesses and diagnose, prescribe, refer to specialists, order tests and interpret results. Their main areas of expertise are minor illnesses and long term conditions.
Musculoskeletal (MSK) Practitioners are experts regarding muscles and bones. Our MSK Practitioners provide patients with expert diagnosis and treatment which can prevent the need for referral to hospital. By having them in our Practice, care can be put in place at the earliest possible opportunity to prevent conditions deteriorating. You may receive an appointment with our MSK Practitioners if you have a sprain, sports injury, pain from arthritis, problems with tendons, ligaments or bones, back or neck problems including pins and needles. Our MSK Practitioners will initially contact you on the phone and then may book you for further sessions.
Mental Health Practitioners are skilled professionals in mental health. They have much longer appointments to enable them to spend time with each patient to help discuss and address their needs, sometimes referring on to other specialists where appropriate. The Mental Health Practitioner will initially contact you by phone before deciding on the next steps
Clinical Pharmacists are experts in medicines and are based in our Practice. These are not to be confused with Community Pharmacists who are based in pharmacies. Our Clinical Pharmacists can discuss the medicines you are taking to make sure they are working for you, including whether you are experiencing any side effects. If you are taking several different medicines, they can also help make sure they are all working well together. The Clinical Pharmacists also undertake annual medication reviews for patients and can discuss how they are working for you and arrange for any tests and BP monitoring which may be needed. If your medicines have been changed after a stay in hospital, the clinical pharmacist can help explain these changes and ensure you get the maximum benefit from these medicines. The GP may direct you to one of our Clinical Pharmacists who can prescribe medicines to treat your condition.
Social Prescribing Link Workers help patients to improve their health and wellbeing by connecting them to community groups and services for practical and emotional support. GPs may ask our Social Prescribers to contact patients when they feel lonely or isolated or have worries about money or housing for example. The Social Prescriber will listen carefully to what’s affecting the patient’s
We cannot guarantee that you will still be seen if you are late for your appointment. Our clinicians are exceptionally busy, and generally have a full day of appointments. If you are late and the clinician saw you, this would create a delay for the next patient, and the patient after etc, so please make every effort to arrive on time for your appointment.
We offer Cholera, Hepatitis A, Poliomyelitis (Polio) and Typhoid vaccinations only. Patients can request other vaccinations from Sheffield Teaching Hospitals’ Travel Vaccination Clinic. Some pharmacies in the area may also offer this service, though you will need to contact them directly.
If you are travelling in England and Wales, we can send your prescription to a pharmacy close to where you are staying. This is called a one-off nomination – just let us know the postcode of where you are staying and we can locate a nearby pharmacy. Alternatively, let us know if you have a specific pharmacy you would like to use.
If you are travelling abroad, we can issue extra for the duration of your trip. Please mention this when you request your next lot of medication.
Click here to read our page on fit notes.
Pharmacists are experts in medicines. They are responsible for safely dispensing your prescribed medication and can supply pharmacy-only medications where appropriate. They can, in some cases, provide an emergency supply of your prescribed medication when your GP surgery is closed.
Pharmacists can advise on a number of minor illnesses, including:
  • aches and pains
  • sore throat
  • coughs
  • colds
  • flu
  • earache
  • cystitis
  • skin rashes
  • teething
  • red eye
  • threadworm
  • athlete’s foot

Click here to find a pharmacy.
There are sometimes shortages of certain medications either at a local or national level. These shortages are usually temporary and are resolved quite quickly, however if you aren’t able to get your regular medication our in-house Pharmacy team can suggest alternatives. Please call us on 01909 500 233 and let us know the medication you cannot get.
Click here to read our page about tests and test results.

General Questions

Click here to read our appointments page.
Our reception team are a vital link between patients and clinicians. The GP partners have asked that our receptionists gather as much information as possible so that they can navigate you to the correct clinician. This isn’t always a doctor, and could be a nurse, a pharmacist, a musculoskeletal practitioner or another healthcare worker.
Unfortunately not. If you leave the area, you would need to find another surgery at which to register. You can find one here.
To obtain the linkage keys, you will need to visit your nearest surgery with two forms of ID; one proving your identity and one proving your address. Once we have seen these we can print off the linkage keys. You are welcome to set this up in the surgery should you need assistance with any stage of the process.
We also have a Digital and Social Inclusion Co-ordinator, who can help you set up the NHS App. Click here to find out more information.
No, this is not a service we offer. You will need to contact a private medical company to obtain one.
Covid Vaccination bookings in England are handled by the National Booking Service. You can book online, or by calling 119. We also hold walk-in sessions for eligible patients – check our news feed for details.
You can download a copy of your Covid vaccination certificate directly from the NHS App. If you don’t have the NHS App, you can request a copy on the NHS website or via the 119 service. The Domestic pass scheme has ended and vaccination certificates are generally only needed for foreign travel.
Please click here to see our Suggestions, Comments and Complaints page for full details on how to provide feedback to Larwood Health Partnership. We have also created a You Said, We Did page which explains how we have enacted recent suggestions.
We cannot disclose any information, no matter how minor, unless we have a signed consent form on record from the person whose data you are requesting to access. This is to ensure that strict patient confidentiality rules are adhered to in all cases. You can download a copy of our Consent Form here, however the patient will need to attend the surgery with the completed form, along with their ID documents.
If the patient no longer has capacity to make decisions for themselves, this will needed to be recorded on their record, and the person who is asking for information will need to provide a court stamped Lasting Powers of Attorney for Health and Welfare or an LPA Access Code.